Saturday, January 01, 2005

2004

  • The Best Films of the Year:


  • 1. Million Dollar Baby
    2. Hotel Rwanda
    3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    4. Ray
    5. Closer
    6. Garden State
    7. Sideways
    8. Rory O'Shea Was Here
    9. The United States Of Leland
    10. Shaun Of The Dead

    This year was a tough one, with only the first 6 being instant inclusions into the top ten. And while I thought "Million Dollar Baby" was the best film, as far as putting all of the different elements together (acting, writing, directing, etc.), my favorite film of the year was "Garden State". As a guy in his late 20's, the film's message of trying to overcome a state of being numb really resonated with me. It also has one of the best soundtracks.

  • The Worst Films of the Year:


  • 1. Super Babies: Baby Geniuses 2
    2. I Heart Huckabees
    3. Ocean's Twelve
    4. Taxi
    5. The Whole Ten Yards

    The only film I think people would argue with me about being on this list is "I Heart Huckabees". I know people who love that movie. But me personally, I can't stand cleverer-than-thou existentialism being slowly dripped into my mouth. I can't begin to count the number of times I woke up during this film, since I was mostly asleep. Which is a shame because I think Naomi Watts is the best actress around at the moment (e.g. "21 Grams").

  • The Most Horrible Films That Are Fun To Watch:


  • 1. Torque
    2. Resident Evil: Apocalypse
    3. Van Helsing
    4. Blade: Trinity
    5. The Punisher

    If you want to do yourself a favor, go rent "Van Helsing". Don't make any noises during the film, don't let the groans and laughs escape ... until the credits roll. Letting all of that pent up laughter and frustration out at the end is possibly better than sex with my second wife.

  • The Most Underrated/Overlooked Film:


  • Eurotrip

    I know it looks like a stupid teen comedy from the promos and trailers, but it's got some great jokes and delivers on the R rating. None of that sissy watered down PG-13 nonsense most comedies end up vomiting on us in an attempt to make an extra five bucks with the under 17 crowd.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Search Engine Optimization