Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Favorite 80's Films

One thing to keep in mind that these are my favorites as far as re-watching them over and over again go. Some of the films on the Runner Up list are much better films from a quality standpoint, but they don't hold the same place in my heart.

Also, as you should quickly notice, this list is about films released in the 1980's. Some of them don't necessarily reflect the glorious decade of day-glo tank tops and a black Michael Jackson. But they do reflect the cheesy portion of my dark and rotten soul.

1. Rad
2. The Goonies
3. Real Genius
4. Wargames
5. The Wizard
6. Red Dawn
7. Megaforce
8. Say Anything
9. The Princess Bride
10. The Breakfast Club


  • Runners up:

  • Sixteen Candles
    Better Off Dead
    Cloak & Dagger
    The Ice Pirates
    Summer School
    BMX Bandits
    Flight of the Navigator
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    UHF

    5 Comments:

    Blogger General Anacock said...

    Wow. There is one GLARING omission from these rankings....I'm just shocked, and appauled.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089695/

    1:36 PM  
    Blogger Upgrayedd said...

    While I understand your shock, fear not. The movie you think I forgot is simply on another list ... which is taking a long time to narrow down.

    2:09 PM  
    Blogger General Anacock said...

    You also missed such classics as:

    Wildcats (which I actually like) :)
    Moving Violations (terrible)
    Summer School (Courtney Thorne Smith?..I'd crack her)

    I could go on an on, but that's your job! :D

    9:47 AM  
    Blogger General Anacock said...

    Here's another Gem: UHF. I actually think it's very underrated.

    12:24 PM  
    Blogger Upgrayedd said...

    Yeah, "UHF" is gold. That should have made the list and has been added. I already had Summer School up there, though.

    12:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Search Engine Optimization