Friday, February 09, 2007

2006 Anonymous Awards Nominations

As asked of me last year, I decided to make the 2nd Annual Anonymous Awards somewhat interactive. I wanted to put up polls for each question but I can't figure out how to place them within the confines of the blog so in order to submit your answers, please just copy the text below, paste it into an e-mail and leave only your picks within the message.

Use my gmail address and if you don't have that, either ask me or another person you know for it or you are out of luck because I don't know you and I don't care what you think. :)

I will release the results of this poll on Saturday, Feb. 24, the day before the 79th Academy Award show. Your votes count, as I will compile a consensus winner as well as release my own opinion.

Now onto the categories and nominations. There are some Oscar categories I left out as I couldn't decide if any films merited consideration and I didn't always stick to 5 nominees since I didn't want to stretch for the sake of conforming.

I look forward to your answers, especially those for the blank categories. I also encourage using the post comments feature on this thread to submit new categories for everyone to use and I will submit my own answer as well. (Anyone can post to this, I removed the restrictions about only allowing blogger users. )

So, get those votes into me. The deadline for me to be able to compile everything will be Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 5 p.m. pst.


· BEST PICTURE:
Children of Men
Half Nelson
Last King of Scotland
Letters From Iwo Jima
United 93

· DIRECTOR:
Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men)
Clint Eastwood (Letters From Iwo Jima)
Kevin Macdonald (The Last King of Scotland)
Stephen Frears (The Queen)
Paul Greengrass (United 93)

· ACTOR:
Ryan Gosling (Half Nelson)
Forrest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland)
Michael Sheen (The Queen)
Derek Luke (Catch A Fire)
James McAvoy (The Last King of Scotland)

· ACTRESS:
Naomi Watts (The Painted Veil)
Helen Mirren (The Queen)
Shareeka Epps (Half Nelson)
Abbie Cornish (Somersault)
Judi Dench (Notes on a Scandal)

· SUPPORTING ACTOR:
James Cromwell (The Queen)
Tim Robbins (Catch A Fire)
Daniel Craig (Infamous)
Michael Caine (Children of Men)
Ray Winstone (The Proposition)

· SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Cate Blanchett (Notes On A Scandal)
Rinko Kikuchi (Babel)
Adriana Barraza (Babel)
Vera Farmiga (The Departed)
Claire-Hope Ashitey (Children of Men)

· ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:
Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine)
Shawn Slovo (Catch A Fire)
Zach Helm (Stranger Than Fiction)
Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck (Half Nelson)
Rian Johnson (Brick)

· ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:
Alfonso Cuaron, Timothy J. Sexton, David Arata, Mark Fergus & Hawk Ostby (screenplay) P.D. James (novel) - (Children of Men)
Jeremy Brock, Peter Morgan (screenplay) Giles Foden (novel) – (The Last King of Scotland)
Jason Reitman (screenplay), Christopher Buckley (novel) – (Thank You For Smoking)
Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan (screenplay) Christopher Priest (novel) – (The Prestige)

· CINEMATOGRAPHY:
Robert Humphreys (Somersault)
Wally Pfister (The Prestige)
Rodrigo Prieto (Babel)
Emmanuel Lubezki (Children of Men)
Benoit Delhomme (The Proposition)

· SCORE:
Alexandre Desplat (The Queen)
Decoder Ring (Somersault)
David Julyan (The Prestige)
Gustavo Santaolalla (Babel)

· FILM EDITING:
Alfonso Cuaron/Alex Rodriguez (Children of Men)
Clare Douglas, Richard Pearson, Christopher Rouse (United 93)
Lee Smith (The Prestige)

· ART DIRECTION:
Ray Chan, Paul Inglis, Stuart Rose, Mike Stallion (Children of Men)
Eugenio Caballero/Pilar Revuelta (Pan’s Labryinth)
Ann Chakraverty, Pierre Pell, Stephane Rosenbaum (The Science of Sleep)
Bill Booth, Marita Mussett, Chris Kennedy(The Proposition)
Kevin Kavanaugh, Julie Ochipinti (The Prestige)

· DOCUMENTARY:
Deliver Us From Evil
Who Killed The Electric Car?
This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Jesus Camp
Wordplay

· BEST SONG IN A FILM:

· BEST USE OF A BABY ELEPHANT IN A FILM:

· MOST UNNECESSARY CAMEOS:

· MOST INHUMAN BOY / CLONE OF THE YEAR:

· MOST SURPRISINGLY GOOD PERFORMANCE IN A FILM:

· MOST LACKLUSTER & UNINSPIRED PERFORMANCE:

· STILL MOST DESERVING OF MY PHONE NUMBER:

· BEST USE OF ROBERT PATRICK IN A FILM:

· BEST IMITATION OF ROBERT PATRICK RUNNING IN A FILM:

· MOST ANTICLIMACTIC HAIRCUT IN A FILM:

· ACTOR I WISH GOOD LUCK “TAKING IT BACK”:

· MOST UNSURPRISING SNUB AT THE 79th ACADEMY AWARDS:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Engine Optimization